Sainz wins the Mexico GP marking his fourth win in F1

Carlos Sainz of Ferrari secured the first position at the Mexico City Grand Prix, making this his fourth win in Formula 1. The Spanish race driver was initially losing the lead to Max Verstappen at the start, but Sainz regained it on Lap 9. Verstappen further faced penalties for incidents with Lando Norris, which led to him receiving two 10-second penalties, allowing Charles Leclerc to move into second. While Leclerc faced a very unchallenged drive at the front, McLaren’s Norris caught up to him and snatched the second position from the Ferrari man. 

F1 Mexican GP: Sainz on top of the world

Talking about his victory in F1, Carlos Sainz said, “It was incredible. I really wanted this one. I wanted one more win before leaving Ferrari. I was just a bit annoyed at the start and Max is super difficult to pass and I knew I could make it.” 

Sainz continued extending his advantage by maintaining his lead during the pit stops, even though Leclerc made some attempts to close the gap. After losing to Verstappen in the beginning which forced him to go to the grass to avoid collision, Verstappen reached first Turn 1. Once Sainz restarted, he followed the Red Bull driver closely for two laps before applying to Drag Reduction System (DRS) to overtake at Turn 1 and later defended himself against counter-attacks in the next corners.  

Norris closed in on Verstappen and initially passed him, but after Verstappen forced him off at Turn 4 and then dived inside Turn 7, both went off track, allowing Verstappen to regain the lead. This led to two 10-second penalties for Verstappen, dropping him down the order and out of contention for the lead. 

Also ReadCalifornia Superbike School dates announced for 2025

The McLaren ace on securing second position shared to the media, “It was a very tough race. It was trying to stay in the race and avoid crashes. Congratulations to Carlos and Ferrari. I knew what to expect, I didn’t want to expect as I respect Max, but not very clean driving in my opinion. I just keep my head down. That’s all I can do for now.”

Taking advantage of the situation, Leclerc moved up to the second position but was unable to challenge Sainz after pit stops. Leclerc tried his best to close the gap but Sainz’s lead stabilised at over five seconds.

 » Read More

Related Articles

SBI Mutual Fund: Rs 1,000 SIP grew to Rs 1.4 crore in 32 years in THIS scheme

SBI Long Term Equity Fund, previously known as SBI Magnum Taxgain Scheme, is an ELSS scheme from India’s largest fund house. The fund has completed 32 years. The tax-saving fund is one of India’s oldest equity-linked savings schemes, which comes with a lock-in period of 3 years and tax benefits. If an investor had done

Stocks extend global selloff as Trump’s tariffs spark recession fears, China retaliates

Global stocks tumbled for a second day on Friday after U.S. President Donald Trump’s sweeping tariff plans wiped $2.4 trillion off Wall Street equities, with the sell-off deepening after China said it would impose additional tariffs of 34% on all U.S. goods. Banking stocks cratered as investors fretted about growth and priced in far more

Frightful Friday: Trump tariff send markets on a tailspin; Nifty, Sensex end week with over 2% cut

The domestic key equity indices closed on a negative note for the week as Trump’s tariff tornado takes the globe by storm. The NSE Nifty 50 cracked 2.4% while the Sensex finished the week 2.7% lower.  On Friday, the Nifty 50 ended 346 points or 1.35% lower to settle at 22,904.45, while the BSE Sensex

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Stay Connected

0FansLike
0FollowersFollow
0SubscribersSubscribe
- Advertisement -

Latest Articles

SBI Mutual Fund: Rs 1,000 SIP grew to Rs 1.4 crore in 32 years in THIS scheme

SBI Long Term Equity Fund, previously known as SBI Magnum Taxgain Scheme, is an ELSS scheme from India’s largest fund house. The fund has completed 32 years. The tax-saving fund is one of India’s oldest equity-linked savings schemes, which comes with a lock-in period of 3 years and tax benefits. If an investor had done

Stocks extend global selloff as Trump’s tariffs spark recession fears, China retaliates

Global stocks tumbled for a second day on Friday after U.S. President Donald Trump’s sweeping tariff plans wiped $2.4 trillion off Wall Street equities, with the sell-off deepening after China said it would impose additional tariffs of 34% on all U.S. goods. Banking stocks cratered as investors fretted about growth and priced in far more

Frightful Friday: Trump tariff send markets on a tailspin; Nifty, Sensex end week with over 2% cut

The domestic key equity indices closed on a negative note for the week as Trump’s tariff tornado takes the globe by storm. The NSE Nifty 50 cracked 2.4% while the Sensex finished the week 2.7% lower.  On Friday, the Nifty 50 ended 346 points or 1.35% lower to settle at 22,904.45, while the BSE Sensex

Gold price retreats from record highs; what’s behind the latest gold price drop?

After hitting an all-time high in early April 2025, the price of gold has dipped. Gold made a 52-week high of $3,167 and currently trades around $3,107. While that’s not a big move, one would’ve expected Gold to continue rallying given all the uncertainty in the world. So, what’s putting the brakes on the gold

UBS upgrades Bank of Baroda: 3 reasons why…

Bank of Baroda (BoB) has not had the best run over the past year, with its stock price falling nearly 16%, underperforming the Bank Nifty by around 24%. But in a fresh outlook, global brokerage firm UBS has upgraded the stock from Neutral to Buy, raising its price target to Rs 290 from Rs 270.